Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Faceless dollar

Question
Faceless dollar
Faceless dollar  
Faceless closeup
Faceless closeup  
QUESTION: I also have a faceless dollar, see attached photo
I know the history of this bill .It came directly from the bank in a banded stack, somebody would have to have erased rubbed the face off from the bank , and put it back in the banded stack of new bills back in 1970 when the teller discovered it. I don't think the face could be rubbed off as perfect as it is.
  As far as I can tell the texture is all the same, there is no difference between the white areas on the bill and the white featureless area.When I tilt the bill just right to the light there is a slight sheen over the complete bill ,no difference in the faceless area. If it had been I would think there would be a difference in texture!
Where is a reliable place to have it authenticated or graded NY state?

ANSWER: James:

Try: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php any that deal in currency should be able to help you. Call or contact by e-mail first to save time.

QUESTION: Thank you for the reply.
I have had this bill a long time and it is a curio I enjoy having.
If authenticated as a legitimate error note what do you feel an estimated value would be?
Keep in mind the Del Monte note and what it sold for!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Monte_note

It appears that most  experts feel based on photos I have provided  this faceless bill must have been tampered with.
Therefor I feel if authentic it must be a very rare occurrence and of substantial value.
How is the ink removed after printing and would it leave telltale evidence?
What should I look for as evidence of tampering?

Answer
James:

Del Monte Note different type error. The renowned Del Monte note is an instance of the more uncommon US paper money errors. This $20 bill has a red, green and yellow Del Monte banana sticker affixed to it. Since the Treasury prints the front first and then adds the serial numbers in an overprint, the sticker has actually become a part of the note, having actually become affixed between the two printing processes.

Yours, if real, likely from an obstruction on paper, but more likely a large board break. Probably would retail in the $300 to $500 range. For an example of a board break, see: http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=872340 The left side of the $20 is missing the design, and appears as a blank, similiar to your faceless note.

Ink can be removed by solvents, or, believe it or not, an eraser. Under magnification, you should be able to detect if an eraser has worn the paper by use in removal of the ink.

Here's an interesting link with additional links to fake error currency: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70970

Hope this helps.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern