Coin and Paper Money Collecting/franklin $100 4oz silver proof

hello... I just purchased a 1999 version of this $100 4oz silver proof.. It came with the box from the washington mint and a COA but I have a big concern.  All around the edges is a dark brown uneven color looks kind of like its been burnt.  Is this normal??? Should I be concerned???  Thank you in advance for your opinion... Eugene

Hi Eugene, Nothing to worry about.  That is normal oxidation of silver.  Commonly known as tarnish.  It can be cleaned with a silver dip cleaning solution.
Unless you intend on displaying it, I would leave it alone.
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow