Coin and Paper Money Collecting/gold florin coin

Question
gold coin
gold coin  

gold coin
gold coin  
I have what appears to be a gold florin coin, but I have only been able to get the exact picture of it in the silver fore matte.I would like to if this coin was struck in gold. > disc. it has a wrinkled edge appears to st. john the Baptist holding a staff with a cross and his right arm extended out with and oval triangle with a scorpion in the middle of it above his arm. has a lily on back.

Answer
Hi Donald,

Just from the pictures, I believe you have a replica.  It appears that the god plating is worn away at the edges and also there is the die crack running across the back of the coin through the "lily".
It was most likely cast.
Genuine ones are extremely rare, and when coins are that rare, copies are numerous.

However, have someone physically inspect the coin.  I am at a loss working from a couple of pictures.

Regards
Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas