Coin and Paper Money Collecting/hu peh province ten cash coin

I googled the above subject and came across you.  I enlarged the coin so that I could see the picture on the coin you found in your garden.  It is similar.  Instead of one dragon there are two.  I am not interested in its value only curious how it got in the bag of coins i inherited.  This is the first coin Ive researched.  My dad was in the Korean war and I can only think that it came home via him.  Silly question and forgive my ignorance but Im grasping at straws.

I think I vaguely remember someone asking a question about a coin they found in their garden and I was able to identify it as a Hupeh province 10 cash.
The one you describe with two dragons does sound pretty unusual. I would really need to a see a clear picture of the coin to be able to give you any useful info. Would you be able to attach a clear picture of it to a follow-up question?

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).