Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Joseph Barr dollars

I have 100 of these dollars "uncirculated" still in the band from the bank..
Are they worth anything more than $100??

thanks for your help...

This seems to be a popular subject, regarding Barr dollars. It was thought that these notes would increase in value due to the limited number of days that good old Joe was in office as the Secretary of Treasury, but sadly this is not the case. A common misconception is that currency bearing Barr's name is rare. In reality, 458,880,000 $1.00 notes were printed bearing his signature. No other denominations were printed with his signature.

Collector value of a note depends on date, series and condition, including amount of wear, any folds, tears or stains as well as collector demand.

Here's a link for currency grading:

An Uncirculated (no wear or folds at all) note with his signature can go on to an interested collector for up to $5. The hundred notes, if consecutive, could bring double the price as a group.

Here's a link for $1 bills:

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. And check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.