Coin and Paper Money Collecting/luitpod prinz-regent von bayern

Hi Mr. Livshitz,
I have a silver coin that from the research I have done it is a commemerative coin celebrating the ?90th birthday of prinz-regent Liutpold of Bavaria dated 1892. It is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  Slightly larger than a silver dollar.

The back of the coin says   "armeedenkmal in d. feldh errnhalle zu muenchen" closest to the rim. Inside of that it has
" errichtet von luitpold orinz-regent i.j. 1892 " with a soilder holding a flagstaff in his left hand. Next to him on the right is a woman in long flowing robes. Behind them is a male lion lying down with his head up similar to a library. All are on a pedestal.

On the side of the coin are some letters. I cannot make out all of them. G O T     G E G N E     D A Y E  and almost a half of an inch of scroll work.
In the bust of luitpold on the front is the artist a. boersch name.
I apologize for not being able to send any photos my computer has been acting up. I tried to describe the coin as best I can.

Thank you very much for taking the time for my question.

Hi Doreen,
This is a commemorative medal for the erection of the military monument in Munich, as a tribute to Leopold. In excellent condition it is worth around $150 at auction. However, in a direct sale through a dealer or coin shop the asking price may be double that.
Let me know if there is any additional info you need.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).