Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post Silver Rds

I have four complete sets of these 5oz Rounds. They are in the original boxes and each round is individually sealed. I also have the letters of authenticity stating they are .999 fine silver. I inherited these sets from my father and have no idea of there value. I know there we only 1000 of these sets made. They have never been touched.  As they are complete sets are they worth more than the current silver price? If so how much?

Hi Robert,

The current market dictates that the value of these privately minted rounds will only be for the silver they contain.

The current price of an ounce of silver (see is $28.75, so each 5 ounce round is worth about $143.75 -- give or take a couple dollars.  It's not likely you can find anyone willing to pay a significant premium for them -- even on eBay (which would take 12%+ in fees right off the top).

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College