Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post Silver Rds

Question
I have four complete sets of these 5oz Rounds. They are in the original boxes and each round is individually sealed. I also have the letters of authenticity stating they are .999 fine silver. I inherited these sets from my father and have no idea of there value. I know there we only 1000 of these sets made. They have never been touched.  As they are complete sets are they worth more than the current silver price? If so how much?

Answer
Hi Robert,

The current market dictates that the value of these privately minted rounds will only be for the silver they contain.

The current price of an ounce of silver (see www.kitco.com) is $28.75, so each 5 ounce round is worth about $143.75 -- give or take a couple dollars.  It's not likely you can find anyone willing to pay a significant premium for them -- even on eBay (which would take 12%+ in fees right off the top).

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore