Coin and Paper Money Collecting/partially printed 10 dollar bill

I have a 10 dollar bill that is fully printed on the front, but on the back, only about 3/4 of the bill is printed, the first quarter of it is just white, it is a 1993, would you know what it might be worth or who i would find out from? Thanks

You don't provide a photo or give the condition of your note, so a best guess as to what you have and it's value is all I can provide. It could be real, or altered. Altered notes have no added value. A real error would be caused by an obstruction or by what is called a board break.

U.S. currency is printed three times in sheets of 36 subjects  though there have been times when 12, 16 and even 18 subject sheets were made. The back is printed first and taken to a drying room. Next the front is printed and then allowed to dry. Last, the serial numbers and Treasury shield are printed in an overprint press. Though errors are unusual, quality control at the Bureau of Engraving stops most errors from reaching the public. With billions of notes printed each year, inevitably errors are missed and find their way to the numismatic market and ultimately to collectors.

A real error note like yours could be worth $25 to $150, depending on condition of the note, type and size of error.

Here's the link for you to view different types of error currency and their values.

You may want to check US coins and currency listings under errors on eBay from time to time to see if your notes are listed what these type of items may bring.

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Remember, should you choose to sell your notes, get at least two estimates from professional coin dealers (PNG). I've listed a link for you to find them in your area. Link:

Dealers normally pay between 50% to 60% of retail for items they want. You'd likely get the best price at an auction or selling your notes to an error dealer. A personal friend, Fred Weinberg, is an error dealer. He can be contacted at:

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.