Coin and Paper Money Collecting/series 1950 $20 Bill

Question
series 1950 $20 bill
series 1950 $20 bill  

back side series 1950 $20 bill
back side series 1950  
Hi Ronald: I was handed a series 1950 $20 bill today.  Is this worth more than face value?

Answer
Bills are printed in sheets of 36 notes and in three phases. Reverse print, obverse print, and serial numbers with seal print. They then are cut and put into bundles of 100. Average circulated $20's from 1950 can bring about $25. New notes about $50. Yours appears better than average, but not new.

Please refer to this link for approximate value of most small U.S. currency: http://www.coinsite.com/html/uspapermoneyprices(sm).asp (copy full link, including (sm).asp)

You may also want to check the U.S. dollar bill category under coins and currency on eBay from time to time to see if your bills are listed what they bring.

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Remember, should you choose to sell your note, get at least two estimates from professional coin dealers (PNG). I've listed a link for you to find them in your area. Link: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Dealers normally pay between 50% to 60% of retail for items they want.

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern