Coin and Paper Money Collecting/value of old paper money

Question
we have old money from south carolina dated back april of 1778 its five shillings. we have a five dollors from austin texas october 1862 military sevices the treasurer of texas. have another two dollors bank of chattanooga. january 4th 1863. what would this old money be worth?  thank u julie and rory hager

Answer
Hi Julie,
The most valuable one, depending upon condition and authenticity, would be the So. Carolina piece.  This could be worth a couple of thousand dollars.  As for the "Civil War" notes, those are more common.  They could be just $20 notes but I really have to see all of them, authenticate them, and then place a value on them.
Now you can contact other dealers, but they too will have to inspect the notes to place a value on them.
If you want to send me the notes for inspection and an offer, call me at 800-474-6960 and I will advise you of the best way to do so.

Regards
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals
www.OmegaPM.Com

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas