Coin and Paper Money Collecting/value of old paper money

we have old money from south carolina dated back april of 1778 its five shillings. we have a five dollors from austin texas october 1862 military sevices the treasurer of texas. have another two dollors bank of chattanooga. january 4th 1863. what would this old money be worth?  thank u julie and rory hager

Hi Julie,
The most valuable one, depending upon condition and authenticity, would be the So. Carolina piece.  This could be worth a couple of thousand dollars.  As for the "Civil War" notes, those are more common.  They could be just $20 notes but I really have to see all of them, authenticate them, and then place a value on them.
Now you can contact other dealers, but they too will have to inspect the notes to place a value on them.
If you want to send me the notes for inspection and an offer, call me at 800-474-6960 and I will advise you of the best way to do so.

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow