Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1767 M Theresia Thaler

1767 obverse
1767 obverse  

1767 reverse
1767 reverse  
I have a 1767 M Theresia thaler coin with the mint markings A.S. underneath her dress on the obverse side.  I have not been able to find any information on coins with this markings.  Any information you can provide on the markings and value of the coin would be appreciated!

Hi Amanda,
The letters A.S. mean that this coin was minted in Hall, as opposed to types with other letters on the reverse which stand for other mints including Gunzburg, Kremnitz and Wien.
Values are the same for all of the mints. The small pictures make it difficult to determine the condition of your coin, but you can safely compare prices with those of the same coins without A.S. below the bust.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).