Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1869 vittorio emanuel multi tool

I have a neat multi tool, made out of an 1869 vittorio emanuel L.5 coin, there is a knife, file and scissors which fold out curved so everything sits flush when inside, veryy well made! would ther be any value to this, I have not seen another one, also the knife is stamped stainless which to me is indicative of another time period.

Hi Douglas,
These do pop up on ebay fairly regularly, typically of French and Italian crown sized coins. Mostly they were made in France and exported. A well made on in good condition is worth up around $100, occasionally more.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).