Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1943 s ddo steel cent great condition

Question
1943 s ddo steel wheat cent
1943 s ddo steel wheat  

1943 s ddo steel cent
1943 s ddo steel cent  
Hello. Upon my findings within my hoard of wheat cents, I found a 1943 s mint  ddo steel wheat cent. There seems to be obvious doubling of the "4" in the date and also doubling of the mint mark s/s. I am aware of the varieties of weakness in the dies and machine doubling with this particular year, but what I have discovered with my coin is genuine. These picture may not do me any justice, but under my 10x magnifier you can clearly see the doubling of the "4" and the s over s mint mark. Could you tell me the possible value of such a coin and point me into the direction of how to sell the coin. Thank You.

Answer
Roland:

It is quite unusual for a doubled die coin to have a doubled mint mark. In addition, most doubled dies have more than one digit or letter doubled. The mint marks were hand punched into the surface after the die was made. I do not see the doubling in the four.

I can not value your coin, but suggest you contact a doubled die/mint mark expert, John Wexler. You can contact him through: http://doubleddie.com/

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern