Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1976D Error Cent File#0264A

1976D  Error cent  0264A
1976D Error cent 026  

1976D  Error cent Rev view  0264A
1976D Error cent Rev  
Sir,I found a US cent showing Errors.
I hope, its a Real US-Mint Error.
Someone said on a site,when one makes billions of coins,Errors do happen,but they are not suppose to be in circualtions.And when that happens (it) becomes a collectors choice.

Appreciate your Expert view and vote.
God Willing its a Big Winner,Amen!

What a Masterpiece.Wow!
No scratches,not dents,no bumbs,the coins is straight in the allingment.And....if man-made,why would someone throw it back into a rolls or spend it.It would not be so easy to create it without casuing no signs of any external force.
History in the Making....if real.

God Bless America,
Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter
Preserving the American National Historical Heritage.
PS:More Extra, closeup pic sent to your site

Sorry Beck, but there's no way that came out of the mint like that.

My guess is that someone laminated or lacquered it to preserve it, put it into a roll with other cents, and over time the coating became brittle and broke apart when the coins were removed from the roll.  The impressions came from the other coins in the roll.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College