Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1992 DDO and DDO PENNY POSSILITY OF BEING CLOSE AM

i just started collecting lincoln penny, now i found this 1992 D whichl look like new variety ? just a guess. it is a DDO and DDR  memorial bldg 2nd top right pillar or post was vlsible dd, lm looking at whole side of bldg were dd down to bottom stair were initials are located. on the chance it could be a close AM was dd of letter A  to its left and dd of letter B to its right are closed to a touch so the position of both A and M are not as wide as my other 1992 pennies. i will appreciate your finding and answer if this is a new variety of DD.  I will send you pic as soon as my son his phone camera  is a lot better than mine. Thank you so much

My suggestion is to send it to PCGS or NGC for certification.

There is a fee, but they will tell you exactly what you have, if it is an error or not.

You would have to do that anyway if you wanted to sell it.

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow