Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Bronze colored Taxes State Quarter

I have this Taxes State Quarter just wondering how much is it worth.Can not find a website about it.Can you help?

Hi Fred,
Well, the value would be based on the concept that the coin is an error.  If it isn't, it's worth face value.

When you say bronze color, that could mean the coin was painted, plated, tarnished or a TRUE error.  Since the coins are a sandwich of nickel and copper, if the planchet (coin blank) was not the correct one, say one used for $1 coins, that is a true error and could be worth $500.
If the coin is missing the outer nickel layer, that is a true error and could be worth $2-300.

However, it if is something that occurred after it left the US Mint, it was tampered with, and therefore only worth face value.

Without inspecting teh coin, I can not tell you what it is.

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals
Glen Cove, NY

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow