Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin

I have several John F Kennedy Jr coins.  The front has his profile, to the left it says "in Loving Memory" and the right side says 1960-1999, on the bottom it says $10 Dollars.  On the back it says Republic of Liberia The Love of Liberty Brought Us Here. A ship with a palm tree and bird in the middle, to the left a 20 to the right 00, bottom it says 10 Dollars.  I dont care about selling them, but are they worth $10 each?  Do they spend as money or should they be sold?  I also have a cased coinon the front it says XXII-XXIV U.S. President Grover Cleveland.  It has his face in the middle.  To the left of his face is 1885 over 1893, on the right it has 1889 over 1897, on the bottom it says $20.  The back is the ship with palm tree and bird again,  It says Republic of Liberia on the top, The Love of Liberty Brought Us Here in the banner above the ship and 20 to the left and 00 to the right, on the bottom banner it says Republic of Liberia and at the bottom it says 20 Dollars.  This one came with a Certificate of Authenticity -The Presidents of the USA- *01933* and says American Mint on the bottom below a blue circle.  Anything special about this one?  Just curious about these because if they arent worth anything at all, I think my kids would get a kick out of playing with them : )

Thanks a ton for your help:)

Hi Melissa,

My catalog isn't new enough to list those coins, but they should say if they are silver.  On the back by the bottom, they may say 1 oz. of pure silver.

If so, they are worth about $30 each so I wouldn't give them to the kids :)

Check on ebay, there may be the same coins as you have and you can see what current market is for them.

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow