Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1929 penny

Dan wrote at 2013-03-15 08:07:41
Thanks Joe. I checked it again and it is definitely magnetic. The only possible thought I have at this point is the coin was struck on a planchet meant for a buffalo nickle. While nickle is not normally magnetic it may have become ferromagnetic do to the heat from the pressure needed to strike a penny on the material.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow