Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Japan 1941 (Showa 16) 10 Sen Varieties

Question
Krause catalog lists two varieties of Japan 1941 (Showa 16) 10 Sen coins, Y-61 and Y-61a.
They only differ in weight, 1.500 grams vs. 1.200 grams.
According to catalog value they are both about equally common.
But of the 8-10 that I have owned I have never had the 1.500 gm variety.

Does the 1.500 gm variety exist?
If so, is it rarer than the catalog would have you believe?

Answer
Hi Dave,
Although the 1.5 gram version does seem to be less frequent than the 1.2, it is still common enough to where their values are identical in most situations. You can google them by km#'s and find one of either variety for sale at any given time.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits