Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Miss minted quarter

Recently while opening a new roll of quarters , all state quarters of Colorado. Mint date of 2006. I found on with a silver side and the other side not coated, but the copper only. the coin has never been circulated. It is a Philadelphia mint. Two questions. 1- About how much is it worth? 2- How do I go about selling it. ? I'm not a collector and would rather have someone that enjoys it have it. I can text the pictures to you but cannot get them off my phone. Thanks.

Hi Harold,

You have an unfinished planchet error.  These are very popular with collectors.  If you get it certified first, by either PCGS or NGC, you can get about $150 for it on  If you don't have it certified, you will likely get less than $50.

Details about getting it certified can be found on thir websites :

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College