Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Miss minted quarter

Question
Recently while opening a new roll of quarters , all state quarters of Colorado. Mint date of 2006. I found on with a silver side and the other side not coated, but the copper only. the coin has never been circulated. It is a Philadelphia mint. Two questions. 1- About how much is it worth? 2- How do I go about selling it. ? I'm not a collector and would rather have someone that enjoys it have it. I can text the pictures to you but cannot get them off my phone. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Harold,

You have an unfinished planchet error.  These are very popular with collectors.  If you get it certified first, by either PCGS or NGC, you can get about $150 for it on eBay.com.  If you don't have it certified, you will likely get less than $50.

Details about getting it certified can be found on thir websites :

PCGS : www.pcgs.com
NGC : www.ngccoin.com

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore