Coin and Paper Money Collecting/napoleon111 dix centimes coin

Question
Dear Barry, i have a napoleon 111 dix centimes coin in pretty good condition 1854 with the mint mark letter k on turning the coin over the eagle with spread wings is upside down. i presume this is a minting error and was wondering if this would add value to the coin and if so how much would you say it would be worth? Many thanks Big dave

Answer
Hi Big Dave, nothing unusual here; it's called inverse alignment (sometimes also known as 'up/down' alignment) and it is how French coins were minted at this time. So - no big value add there. The coin itself was minted in Bordeaux (the K mintmark). 7.1 million were made in 1854 in Bordeaux and it has a value of around 7-10. Unfortunately you'll have to keep doing the lottery for the time being.
Sorry thhis wasn't a better result.

Best regards

barry

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

barry cutts