Coin and Paper Money Collecting/novelty coin

thank you for your answer. I was sure it was not worth anything, seems most Japanese/Chinese coins don't have much value. I will definitely pass the allexperts web site on to other collectors. thanx again

Actual coins can be quite valuable, especially 1930's and earlier Chinese coins in excellent condition. The market for them has exploded in recent years, and the unfortunate side effect is a flood of copies and novelty pieces being made by people trying to cash in on the boom.
Thanks again for your question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).