Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny 1987d

Question
87
87  

87d
87d  
Ron,
Hello, I came across this 1987d penny, which appears to have the lib in liberty smaller than the other letters. At the top of his head also appears to have an extra line. Any info would greatly appreciated.
Thank You, April

Answer
April:

Don't see the extra line in the head. If raised, could be a minor die break. The difference in size and thickness of the "LIB" is likely the result of an attempt to resurface the die. Best guess would be to try and remove a clashing of the reverse die into the obverse when the two surfaces came together without a blank. Not worth much. Minor error at best, but interesting to collect.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern