Coin and Paper Money Collecting/10 dollar bill

So i found a ten dollar bill from 1934 its serial number is G01459251A, it is from the federal reserve ofbank of Chicago, it only had a few bends where it has been folded , it has a green seal and amazing color, it has a number  of 177 on the back, how much would this be worth?

Modern federal reserve notes were first printed in 1928.  They are valued based on their condition, serial number, signatures, and issuing district.  Sadly, your example is very generic.  If the serial number was under 100 or ended in a star symbol then it might be collectible.  The same note in perfect condition would likely only sell for around $25.  In circulated condition it is in theory worth $12.  However, it will be difficult to get more than $10.  There are dealers who specialize in rare paper money, and they can advise as to buy and sell prices in today's market.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy