Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1851 large cent

1851 one cent
1851 one cent  
hello.i have a 1851 large one cent coin looks to be nickel.i do know for sure that it is not is not fake why would any one spend the time and money to make one 1851 one cent can tell that it is very old i just need to prove that it was done by the mint.the weight is 8.7g i will attach a picture.hope you can help.thanks

A REAL early American copper coin expert you can contact is :

Tom Teynolds

P. O. BOX 390001 OMAHA, NE 68139

Business Phone:  (402) 895-3065  -  Cell Phone: (402) 210-7222

E-mail Address:

Website :

Good luck,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College