Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1871 copper 1 silber groschen A

I have a coin that I can not find any information about through the search engine. all that keeps popping up are coins that are silver and very similar to the one I have. the front side of the coin the has written around the top Wilhelm koenig von preussen. bearded king facing right with no letter below it like the silver ones I've seen. thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

Hi Travis,
Your coin is a normal genuine coin. These were made of low purity silver and often turn a copper color when they start to become worn. Copper based coins with low silver content are sometimes referred to as "billon".
Thanks for the question1 =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).