Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1922 silver one dollar.

I have a silver one dollar and one the front were it reads IN GOD WE TRUST:  TRUST IS SPELLED TRVST DO U KNOW WHY.

Hello Charlie,

The Peace Dollar was minted from 1921-1928 and then again from 1934-1935. With .77 ounces of pure silver

These coins all have the words "in god we trvst", but it's not a spelling error it's actually the Latin spelling for the word. So it means "In God We Trust".

The front of this coin is graced with the head of Lady Liberty, and the reverse contains and image of a majestic bald eagle. The artwork / design was that of Antonio de Francisci an Italian immigrant born back in 1887.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics