Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1950 $20 bill it value

Question
I have a $20 bill from 1950 its number is J10009649 A is this bill worth anything execpt $20 now?  How long until it will be worth something?

Answer
Paper money is valued based on its condition and rarity.  Age is never a factor.  Even in uncirculated condition I think your note is probably only worth $30.  If the serial number was under or 100 or ended with a star symbol then that would be a different story.  It will likely be an extremely long time until it is worth much more than $20.  You can learn more about rare paper money by working with dealers or by following auctions.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett