Coin and Paper Money Collecting/$20 Liberia coin

Question
Hello, This is a $20 coin from 2000, Republic of Liberia. no where on coin that I have found does it say .999 or sterling or .925 etc... yet the folded certificate staes it is .999 silver & 20 grams 40mm in Di.,Proof coin. Limited to  20,000. Is it silver or a joke? Thank  You. Butch

Answer
Hi Butch,
These coins were not typically stamped with a silver purity since they were made for collecting purposes rather than silver bullion investment. The 20 gram pieces for the year 2000 included the US Presidents and historic events series, all of which are indeed .999 fine silver.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits