Coin and Paper Money Collecting/5 dollar bill misprint 1995

Question
5 dollar misprint
5 dollar misprint  
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if you could help me identify the type of error and the approximate value of my $5 bill. I've had it in my collection for years.

Thanks!

Answer
Dan:

Mid to late stage obverse offset on reverse of bill. Appears to be in AU/UNC condition. Estimated retail value $200 to $300.

Bills are printed in sheets of 32 notes and in three phases. Reverse print, obverse print, and serial numbers with seal print. At least one sheet was mis-printed when the face side was printed. The sheet, with the error(s), likely went unnoticed during the third printing, cutting and final inspection phase. There may have been several others with a similar error like yours to "escape" into circulation.

Here's the link for you to view different types of error currency and their values.

Link: http://www.coinsite.com/html/uscurrencyerrors.asp

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern