Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Caciques from Venezuela

Hello Dmitry,
I have recently been going through my late parents things and have come across several caciques.  They were in Venezuela in the early 1960s.  Some were made into jewelry and others are just coins.  One piece is set into an 18k gold setting that is in the shape of Venezuela and is a pin with the cacique set in the middle.  The Cacique has Sorocaima (if I'm reading it correctly) on one side and crossed arrows on the other side.  Could you give me an indication whether I should be looking at antique dealers or gold dealers to sell this collection?  Also, I know I haven't given you much information, but do you have any idea of value?
Thank you so much,

Hi Kathe,
These pieces are typically worth gold bullion value. In perfect condition they do bring 10%-15% above gold bullion value, but if they were auctioned you would still get bullion value after auction fees. Antique dealers would not really be interested in items such as these, which are relatively modern.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).