Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin with hole in middle

Question
Pic of the coin
Pic of the coin  

Other side
Other side  
Can you tell me any information on a coin that has a hole thru the middle? On one side there is a R F with the hole between the letters on one side. The other side has Liberte-Egalite Fraternite 25 cmes 1930 on the other side. I would just like to know where its from and the value of it. I also have another one dated 1924.

Answer
Amy, the RF on the one side stands for "Republique Francaise" or the Republic of France.  The coin is from 1930 before the second world war and is 25 centimes which was a quarter of a franc. It is made out of copper-nickel (the same material our nickel is made of). However, after the war, the French devalued all pre-WW II coins to 10% so that it has a face value today of 2.5 centimes, or less than a cent.  Checking my world coin catalog, neither the 1924 nor the 1930 dates are particularly scarce or of any particular value.  Jim

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak