Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin identification

stan\'s coin
stan's coin  

stan\'s coin
stan's coin  
My father has passed and left behind this coin that we is not known to his family.  Would you be able to identify this coin and its possible value?

Hi Germaine,
This is a Dublin, Ireland penny token commemorating Edward Stephens (The duke of Wellington) and dated 1816. They are fairly common in heavily used condition such as this. Unfortunately the value would be only a couple of dollars, although they do bring high prices in excellent condition.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).