Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin from Wilhelmina 1718 and 1816

coins from 1718 and 1816
coins from 1718 and 18  
Hi Dmitry!

Nice to find you here.
I have a question and would like to have some answers related with your expertise.

Recently, I got a collection of coins that was found in Bangka Island, Indonesia. There is some Gulden coins such as: 21/2 Gulden Der Nederlanden 1816 and 1718. Both of this coins feature Wilhelmina Koningin Der Nederlanden.

I have tried to find som information about this, but have not find the similar objects.

I would like to know how value this coins is in the market.

Thank you and very appreciate your  help!

Sen Gustafsson

Hi Sen,
These are novelty pieces designed similar to Wilhelmina coins from the first half of the 20th century. They are not actually coins. The 2 1/2 gulden denomination only came into use in 1840 (with the exception of rare 1808/1809 issues).

Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).