Coin and Paper Money Collecting/two dates

two dates
two dates  
The date looks like 1919 but it also looks like 1219 is this valuable?

Hi Michelle,

I see exactly what you said, it does look like 1219.

This could be caused by a few things.  One of which is that someone altered the date, at some point in time after it left the mint.  Another possibility is that there was a crack in the die at the perfect spot where the date is, making the 9 look like a 2.

I highly doubt there is any value to it, but it is a great conversation piece!

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow