Coin and Paper Money Collecting/misprint 1986 D penny

Question
Hello Dan: I have a 1986 D penny without the copper coating. I sent this coin out to a reputable grading company and when my coin was returned (Questionable Authenticity)was labeled. What steps would i take to find if this is a misprint coin from the mint?          Sincerely Thomas

Answer
Hi Thomas,

There's nothing that the Mint will do for you -- your only option is to send it to a different grading company.

However, that coin is most likely only going to be worth a few dollars anyhow, so I would not recommend spending any more money getting it certified.

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore