Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny in a penny

I have a penny in a penny dated 1986. You said previously that it had been made a novelty item sold for around a dollar. Do they still make them? If not, do they have a market value as a collector's item?

I don't think anyone is making then any more.  Some do sell on eBay but usually not for much; there's really not all that much demand for them.  You can try going to eBay, and doing searches for things like novelty penny, penny within a penny etc. and see what comes up and prices people are asking (if there are no bidders don't take that as a good price) and what people are actually bidding.  Jim

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak

I will answer your questions about encased coins (lucky pennies), which are advertising and event tokens with coins, unually cents, struck with the token.

Long time collector of encased coins and author of several articles on encased coins.

TAMS, ECI (Encased Collectors International)

TAMS -- several articles on encased coins, in particular the encased coins of the 1901 Buffalo Pan American Exposition
Casement -- many articles on encased coins