Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Wrong reverse???

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I have a 1906 French Indo-Chine 20 Cent. coin. The only thing that concerns me is the reverse states the coin is 0.680 pure instead of the 0.835 common to the years prior to 1921. Any idea what's going on with this coin? Thanks for any help.

ANSWER: Hi Adam,

Can you tell me if your coins looks like the one that I have here? From your description it sounds similar but I need you to tell me if it looks the same as this one.

1906 French Indo-Chine 20 Cent.
1906 French Indo-Chine  
QUESTION: I'm not sure which coin you are referring to. I will attach a picture of it.

Answer
Hello,
Thanks for sending the pictures, as you can see it was tough to see my coin too without a picture.

The French did not make a 20 Centime coin in 1906 according to several sources including the Krause World Coin book. These coins were and still are heavily counterfeited and I am afraid that what you have is a counterfeit too. The correct weight for a 1908 or 1903 is 5.4 grams, with the hole you should be at 5.3g.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy