Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1999 Error Cent and DDO File#0304A

1999  Error Cent DDO      File#0304A
1999 Error Cent DDO  

1999  Error Cent DDO   0304A
1999 Error Cent DDO  
Sir,I just found this coin this morning.

I hope its a Real US Mint Error coin.
Note:The Date the legde of the 9 in 1999 is placed over the A in America.Its, not possible to do that at home.

Also the coin is clean no dents or hits,perfect allingment.I sent the Reverse pic to your site as well.

The (IBERTY) of  LIBERTY is showing clear Doubling as well.
Sir,If I may add,to find a US Mint Error for this 1999 Year and up are Extreemly Rare.Some Experts might agree its easier to find another 1969s DDO then the ODDs.
Is  this a Reverse Strike.Somewho this image had to be carried by the plate that sruck in one strike.And it added a metallic substance to the orignial image of the coin.Like the Doubling in the LIBERTY.

Apprecaite your Expert view n Vote.
God Willing its a real Winner,Amen!
History in the Making...

God Bless,
Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter
Preserving the American National Historical Heritage.
PS:More images sent to your site

Hi Beck,

While it's interesting, this is something that was done to the coin after it left the mint.  If it had been done in the minting process, you would find similar doubled images on the reverse of the coin, but there is nothing.

Somebody with a machine press, and too much time on their hands, messed around with pressing a couple pennies together to see what would happen.

Considered an altered coin it has no collector value, but you might be able to get a couple dollars for it as a novelty item.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College