Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coin value

I have a copper Portugal coin dtd 1866 which has a crest with a crown on top  inscription LUDO.VICUSI.DEL.GRATA The back has floral circles with a 5 in ctr. Has it any value?

Hi Cliff,
Your coin is a 5 reis from the Portuguese Azores colony. This is considered a key date with only 60,000 originally made. Value varies from around $25 for an average circulated coin up to a few hundred for one without any wear. If you would like to attach a clear picture of the coin to a follow-up question I can give you a more exact value of your coin after seeing the condition.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).