Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Commemorative medal

Commemorative medal for assistance in the salvage of the ship Vasa
Commemorative medal fo  
Dear Dmitry,

My grandfather left me some old commemorative medals and coins before he passed away. Among them there is one particularly interesting commemorative medal for assistance in the salvage of the ship Vasa dating 1961. I have decided to seek your opinion considering its historical value and current price in this specific market.

Hi Igor,
This was a commemorative lottery ticket issued by the Swedish bank Handelsbanken and originally came with a plastic case and brochure that had a collection of historical facts about the ship. It is also sometimes called the "Wasa-Penny". Unfortunately this medallion does not have significant value. The handful I have seen sold for around $10 with the display case and brochure and only about $5 for the medallion alone.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).