Coin and Paper Money Collecting/"Iron Bridge" souvenir coin 1892

1892 Alum Souvenir Coin
1892 Alum Souvenir Coi  

Reverse side 1892 Souvenir Coin
Reverse side 1892 Souv  
Dear Mr. Fern,

My father had a small coin collection and in going through it
recently, I found an aluminum (?)souvenir coin from 1892 commemorating the opening of the "Iron Bridge" across the Mississippi river. Since my grandmother was from Memphis, I assume she obtained it there.

I had quite a time finding any information on the internet about this coin, so I thank you for any information you can give me about it and its value.  I have attached two pictures showing the coin. I also checked on eBay where many coins have an "HR" number listed with their description. Do you know what HR stands for?
Thank you for your courtesy,

I'm not an expert on these pieces. I did find a reference for the bridge. See:

You might also try to contact the dealers listed here for added information:

You mention HR identification. I'm familiar with HK (Hibler and Kappen) identification for so-called dollars, not familiar with HR.

Hope this helps.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.