Coin and Paper Money Collecting/japanese money

I have some old Japanese paper money that my father had brought home from WW2 but I don't see any dates. I have 4 -$1; 3 -$5; 5-$10. I used to have some coins but I think they may have been stolen.

At any rate, I'm curious to know if it is worth anything at all. If so what?

I can text you a picture if you like but I haven't figured out yet how to put them on the computer from my cell phone.

Unfortunately, there is a 99.7% chance that what you have is extremely common and not really collectible.  Tens of thousands of servicemen in WWII brought back currency from countries like France, Italy, Japan, etc.  All of these countries were in inflationary periods, so they were literally printing as much as they could.  You might consider sending some pictures of your collection to dealers who specialize in rare paper money.  They can help you check for varieties.  However, it is unlikely there will be much value.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy