Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1950 Hundred Dollar Bill D

Question
Hello And Thank You For Your Time
I Have A 1950 Hundred Dollar Bill  
Its Perfect No Wear, Folds ,Or Tears Uncerclated
Looks Brand New .It's A D Series
D 03448806 A  Would Like To Know The Value
Again  Thank You For Your Time
     Jerry

Answer
Hi Jerry,

While the Currency Dealer Newsletter lists your note at $125, it's very difficult to find a dealer (or collector) that will pay you that much -- those 1950 notes are just too plentiful in the market.

If you take it to a coin show, you might find a dealer willing to pay you about $110 -- and then again, you may not find an interested dealer at all.  Not too long ago I had some crisp uncirculated 1950 $50 notes that I took around to several dealers at a larger coin show, and could not get anyone to give me anything more than face value for them.

Your other alternative would be to take some nice pictures of it and list it on ebay.com -- there's a lot of buyers there -- maybe you'll find a couple interested ones that will run the price up.

Good luck!

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore