Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1964 dbl die Jefferson nickel

Question
I have a 1964 Jefferson nickel with 1964 stamped twice on the front. The back of it is smudged, I guess you would call it. It was from my Dad's collection. I took it to the dealer where he had purchased it years ago and they knew nothing about the a 1964 like it. I hope you can help me to find out if it's worth anything.I could take a picture and send it to you.

Answer
Hello Gerald,

The first thing I would do is to send the coin to Numismatic Guarantee Corp. to be certified.

There is a small charge (about $35) to authenticate and grade the coin but, it will be much easier to sell once it is certified.

That's the best advice I can offer.  Unfortunately, with a coin like this, there is no set price value.  It all depends on what the market will bear.

Regards
Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas