Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1975 Dime NO MINT

1975 dime no mint
1975 dime no mint  

Can you please take a look at this. I know its worth a lot if authentic.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the picture.

Sorry but this is just a normal 1975 dime made at the Philadelphia Mint.  P mintmarks were not added to dimes until 1980.

You were probably thinking you had one of the no-s dimes, but those were only made in proof condition, found only in the mint-issued proof sets.  Your coin is definitely not a proof.

Wish I had better news for you,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College