Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Help with kennedy dbl head find with pics

side view
side view  

double headed kennedy
double headed kennedy  
So as much research as ive done , I kept being led to this site..I cannot see Any sign of out of mint damage to the coin depicted in photos..I received it from a local gas makes a weird half normal sound id say if flicked. looks totally normal to Wikipedia said it should look tampered with.  Please help I sent same photos to an affiliate on site thanks so much..o ya, coin weighs 10grams..thanks again!!!

Hi Anthony,

You have what's known as a magician's coin -- made by altering two normal coins and gluing the pieces back together.  This is why it does not have a normal ring to it when flipped, and also why it only weighs 10 grams instead of its normal 11.5 grams -- it has had metal removed.

If you can find a magnifier that is at least 10X power, examine the area just inside the raised rim on both sides.  On one side you will find a very thin seam -- this is where the two pieces were joined together.  They use very precise, computer controlled machines to do the cutting for these, so it's very difficult to see with the naked eye.

For more info, see :

It has a novelty value of a few dollars, so that's better than 50 cents anyhow!

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College