Coin and Paper Money Collecting/value of a coin

I recently acquired an Indian head silver dollar.
On the back it has olive branches on each side and the  1 dollar and 1851 inside the two branches.
On the front is the Indian head inscription  United States of America is on both side.
On the head band of the Indian is Liberty .
I see no mint mark, just 2 stars at the bottom.
Is it real and if so how much would it be worth.
It's in perfect condition.

Hi Juanita,

Sorry but this is not a real coin.

The only real silver dollar from 1851 looks like the one pictured here :

I suspect yours is either a silver round (worth only its value in silver) or a fantasy coin (worth a dollar or two).

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College