Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1901 Pan American Exposition coin

I have a coin or token from the 1901 Pan American Exposition and was wondering if it is rare or has any value.  One side says Pan American Exposition and Buffalo NY and the other side has a buffalo and 1901 on the bottom and (I think) the word "souvenir" on the top.  Thank you for you attention.
Mike Johnson

You have a "token," not a coin as a coin is legal tender issued by a government.  There were several types of tokens issues for the '01 exposition in Buffalo and most of them are fairly common.  Check on ebay by doing a search for 1901 exposition token and the like and you'll likely see one like yours for sale (if not today, then eventually).  You can see what prices are being asked for and what bid (remember that just because a seller asks for a certain price, doesn't mean a piece is worth that).

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak

I will answer your questions about encased coins (lucky pennies), which are advertising and event tokens with coins, unually cents, struck with the token.

Long time collector of encased coins and author of several articles on encased coins.

TAMS, ECI (Encased Collectors International)

TAMS -- several articles on encased coins, in particular the encased coins of the 1901 Buffalo Pan American Exposition
Casement -- many articles on encased coins