Coin and Paper Money Collecting/one cent united states of america 1877

One Cent USA 1877-front
One Cent USA 1877-fron  

One Cent USA 1877-Back
One Cent USA 1877-Back  
Dear Sir,

Greetings for the Day, I seek your help in understanding my coin "one cent united states of america 1877" on 2 counts.
1) if this coin in original.
2) what is the value that I can expect of this coin.

I have attached the images for your reference. I would be glad to receive your positive response.

Thank you once again for all your support.

Warm Regards

Jiten Shah

Hi Jiten,

Unfortunately, your coin is not real.

You can see pictures of a real one here :

Right off the bat, compare the size of the numbers in the date -- they are way too large on your coin.

On the reverse, notice the size of the arrow heads and the thickness of the center bars of the N's -- both are wrong.

Being an unmarked counterfeit, it is illegal to sell this coin in the U.S. -- so its value is nothing.

If I were you, I would demand my money back from whomever you bought this coin from.

Good luck,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College